Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Baby Changes Everything.

Hard to believe it has been close to 7 months since I last wrote here. The last thing I posted was that we had just found out that Levi was a boy! Crazy that now he is 3.5 months old! That just goes to show how much of a whirlwind these last few months have been.

I think its safe to say that parenthood is one of the most challenging, rewarding and scary things I've ever experienced. Sometimes I just look at Levi and think to myself how much I can't believe that he has been entrusted in my care. I think its also safe to say that each day that goes by, I grow to love him more and more. It is a joy to be his mom!

Each week and month that passes, Levi is learning new things and his little personality continues to develop and shine through in his actions. He is a cheerful boy and super inquisitive. Levi always just looks around, stares at things, and takes in the world. He also has quite the temper and when he wants something, he makes it known! I have never heard a baby go from completely content and peaceful to completely screaming and upset in a matter of seconds. Levi is by no means quiet. Even during his first few days of life in the NICU, the nurses were surprised by how assertive this little preemie was!

I have realized that in the craziness of caring for Levi, loving my husband, working 20 hours per week, and managing my workload for my SBTS class, I haven't documented as much about Levi's life as I would have liked to thus far. These 3.5 months have just flown by and have left us wondering how they are gone so quickly! But I figure, better to start now than never. In lieu of that, I would like to start giving a brief overview of Levi and our life week by week. Since becoming a mom, I've realized how much my little man can change in just one week! It's amazing and also saddening. He is literally growing up in front of our eyes...and I don't want to miss it.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment