Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Levi: Week 26 Summary



Whew! I managed to make it halfway through Levi's 27th week and I finally have some time to sit down and write about his 26th. It's been a busy one, to say the least! I've been working a lot more than normal due to a busy season and being short-staffed. It's nice to have that extra income, but a lot to take on in one day on top of caring for baby and household chores. But alas, some time to sit and reflect on Levi's 26th week -- what I can remember anyway!

FEEDING
Oh boy, what a struggle we have had in this department! Levi's 26th week, he really amped up his solid intake, sometimes even eating half a jar of pureed fruits or veggies. But nursing was such a struggle! Ahhhh (that's my frustration). He would always eat super well at his early morning feeding (around 6 AM, give or take 30 minutes), but then throughout the day he would refuse to eat longer than 10-15 minutes most of the time. I considered maybe he is just weaning himself from his daytime feedings because he really likes the solids a lot better (which is great and wonderful), but he developed a habit of waking at the 2.5 hour mark without actually being hungry. So I'd feed him right when he woke, like normal, but the whole process would continue. Maybe it was a growth spurt and he just wanted to snack more frequently? I am at a loss here. Regardless, he nursed and ate solids and he survived, so I can't ask for much more. Here are the solids he ate (breakfast, lunch):

06/01- It was the weekend and I was feeling lazy. So no solids that day.
06/02- Ditto.
06/03- 1 oz pureed apples, BLW with 1/4 peach and 1/4 avocado
06/04- 1 oz pureed apples, BLW with 1/4 peach and 1/4 avocado
06/05- 1.5 oz pureed apples, 1 oz pureed squash and 1/4 peach
06/06- 1 oz pureed bananas, 1 oz pureed squash and 1/4 peach
06/07- 0.75 oz pureed bananas, 0.75 oz pureed squash and 0.5 oz pureed peas

I wouldn't exactly call what we do BLW anymore, because I've decided to incorporate a lot more purees than the philosophy permits. I want to take a bit more control of when he is weaned then the "book" allows, so I've decided to give him half purees and half "finger foods" to help facilitate weaning him from milk a bit quicker (at least by 12 months). He seems to enjoy both and I like that he is also learning how to eat from a spoon!

Last thing on feeding: Levi adores peaches! He absolutely devours them! The first day I gave him one, it wasn't as ripe as I would've liked, so it was a bit to hard for him to eat. So I boiled a few slices until they were more tender. He tore them up! It was so fun to watch him just suck all the juices out of the slices. He also really likes pureed squash as well, which was surprising to me!

NAPS
Naps were a lot like feeding this week. A bit more sporadic then usual. But not terrible! He didn't have nearly as many rolling over issues as last week. He will sleep anywhere from 1.25 to 1.5 hours for each nap, which I consider sufficient! I am hoping he will start sleeping a bit longer for each nap, so that he starts extending to a 3.5 or 4 hour schedule fairly soon. I know he is ready for it.

WAKE TIME
I am still putting Levi down for his naps at the 1 hour 20 minute mark from when he previously woke. That seems to be perfect for him right now and allows him about 5 minutes to get himself to sleep. 

He is really loving his Jumperoo and is learning how to actually jump in it now, which is hilarious to watch. He just flings and twirls himself around. I'm nervous that one day he is going to fling himself straight into the door frame, but no use in worrying I suppose!

NIGHTTIME
Levi has been doing excellent at night. I am super proud of him. 5 nights this week he slept from his 8 PM bedtime to at least 5:30 AM or 6 AM. One time he woke at 3 AM because he had rolled over. Another time he randomly woke at midnight. Still unsure why he did that, but he just ate and went right back to bed!

He seems to do well with sleeping in footy pajamas and his cotton sleep sack, even though it is getting warmer outside. 

OUTINGS/EVENTS
Big guy had his 6-month check up this week! He lucked out and didn't have to get his shots because they were out of stock in one that he needed (we'll actually be going back tomorrow to get them). He weighed in at 16 lbs even and was measured at 27.75 inches long; 30th and 90th percentiles. His doctor said even though his weight is on the lower side for his age, he is still steadily gaining, so she is not concerned. 

Levi also went to the zoo for the first time this week! He had no clue, but he went. It was super hot out and there was a lot of commotion, so he didn't necessarily enjoy it. But he tolerated it. We stayed for about 2 hours and he definitely reached his limit--he fell asleep as we were walking out. The picture above is Levi and his new buddy.


Well, that's all for now! Until next week. 




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how BIG he is getting!!! Can't wait to meet this little guy this summer. I'm loving that you're keeping weekly updates. I think they will come in handy with me for Nolan later ;)

    ReplyDelete