Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Savor.

I feel like too often in my life I am compelled to anticipate the "next step." I find myself anxious about the future and wondering where we'll end up and what we'll be doing. To be honest, I often forget to hand those anxieties and plans over to the Lord, who has been orchestrating my life from the beginning of time. And I often forget to savor the here and now.

To savor the fact that we currently attend (I say "we" because this is clearly a joint effort) one of the largest and, in my opinion, most beautiful seminaries in the US. We are so blessed to be here and to learn here.

To savor our time at Sojourn Community Church as we learn to serve the body of Christ and praise Him with everything that we have.


To savor Louisville, with all its quirkiness and unique character. I know we'll miss it here when it's time to move on.

To savor this last week in our apartment. I mean, yea, the walls are thin and we live across from a DJ--but it has suited our needs. So many people in the world don't even have a place to call home.

To savor this season with Levi as our only child. I can give my undivided attention to him whenever he needs it. And make all kinds of sweet memories with him alone. And sleep when he is sleeping! That is a huge perk.


To savor the beauty of Fall. The red, yellow, and orange leaves. Pumpkin patches and spiced lattes. Boots and scarves. Giving thanks with family and friends. It is a gift.

To savor today. With a baby that loves me so much he just wants to be attached to my hip. With a husband who asks me to make him a sandwich before he heads to work for 9 hours. With boxes upon boxes lining our walls because God has blessed us with earthly possessions that we don't deserve.

Savor today because tomorrow is not promised.

"For in Your sight a thousand years are like a yesterday that passes by, like a few hours of the night. You end their life; they sleep. They are like a grass that grows in the morning--in the morning it sprouts and grows; by evening it withers and dries up." -Psalm 90:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment