Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Levi: Week 42 Summary


How is my baby boy 10 weeks away from a year old? I still remember the day he was born so vividly. During our routine cuddle time this morning before his breakfast, I couldn't help but notice what a big boy he was turning into. He has developed his own unique personality and he is just growing by the day. I'm so thankful that God blessed us with Levi. Here is a summary of last week (September 21-27)--his 42nd:

FEEDING
Still nursing! And pressing on toward our goal of 12 months!

This week, Levi also tried the homemade baby food I made for him. He loved all of it, with the exception of the cantaloupe and strawberry puree. Boy, he definitely hated that one! Too much melon flavor and not enough berry flavor is my guess. His face while trying it is priceless...


NAPS
His naps were very sporadic this week and many were shorter than usual. I'm pretty sure this was due to one or two of his top teeth coming in. 

NIGHTTIME
Despite the fact that Levi's naps were a bit off, he slept super well at night! Every night this past week, he slept from 7 PM - 7 AM. And this mama was sure happy about that! 

TEETHING
Yes, he is definitely teething! I had my doubts since I couldn't actually see teeth coming in, but last week one popped on through. It was his top left lateral incisor (so basically one next to his top middle teeth). I was surprised by this--all along I had expected his middle teeth to emerge first! He was definitely in so much pain though and he rarely let me put him down because of it. Brian and I started calling him "Snaggletooth" because of its lonesome placement. Toward the end of last week, I was pretty sure I spotted his right lateral incisor about to cut his gum as well. If that's the case, Mr. Levi is going to have some amazing fangs.

MOTOR SKILLS
Levi is now not only able to scoot around on his belly, but also his butt! When he is feeling particular lazy and sitting up, he'll simply wiggle his legs to move his whole body forward. He can also rotate his body around while sitting on his butt, which is so funny to watch.

OUTINGS/EVENTS
Not too much out of the ordinary this week! We spent a lot of time outside because the weather was so nice most days! Levi loves it outside, so most of the time he is super content just sitting in the grass and watching everything around him.




We did go to the SBTS pool one afternoon with my friend Cherish and her son (Levi's buddy), Seth. They had a really fun time splashing around and just watching the other kids play.  

We'll see what next week holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment